Your doctor has requested that pictures of your bile ducts be taken. Please follow these simple instructions so that we may best serve you.
- There is no special preparation for this exam.
- Report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes before your scheduled time if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.
- Contrast is injected through the tube in your common bile duct. X-rays are taken to detect any remaining stones or obstruction.
- This exam will take approximately 45 minutes.
- Eat and drink normally after the exam.