Hemangioma RBC Scan
doctor has ordered a hemangioma scan to further evaluate your liver.
This scan will give more information to your doctor about the blood flow
to the area of question. This scan requires 3 different types of
a. Liver spleen scan - to evaluate the best projection to demonstrate the abnormality.
b. Red blood cell liver scan - to evaluate blood flow within the liver.
c. Spect imaging - 3 dimensional image of the liver.
- There is no preparation for this exam.
- Please report to Radiology approximately 20 minutes before your scheduled time, if you have not been contacted by the Admitting Office.
- An I.V. will be inserted in your arm to allow for the administration of the radioisotopes.
- This procedure will take approximately 2 1/2 hours.
- Following the exam, you may resume normal activity.